Thursday, June 3, 2010

a little confession

I confess. I didn't even try to use the manual functions on my camera this evening. I am properly intimidated. There, I said it. Sigh. And while everyone was making strides toward mastering their SLR's, I was quietly click, click, clicking away in automatic mode. I know, I know. I took the path of least resistance this evening. Can I convince you that it was okay...considering the way the sunlight hung in the air, the compelling twists and knots in the weathered wood, the splendid variety of places to shoot. I wanted to get it all down, capture and pin it somehow. Right. That. Minute. Patience has never been my strong suit. Have I convinced you? No?

Confessions aside, I truly enjoyed the opportunity to visit the White's property and take pictures this evening. And though I was a bit of a cheater cheater pumpkin eater when it came to my SLR, I intend to do my homework, bite the bullet, and actually tackle learning this thing for next time. And so, humbly and sheepishly I am posting an offering from my camera this evening. I see lots of room for improvement, and it is happy to think that one day, after learning said lessons, I may begin to know what I'm doing. For now, my small offering...




2 comments:

  1. These are fabulous! I especially love the one with the sun rays gently coming down in front of the old truck! That is a bit of backlighting which is in one of the lesson's I am working on now! Love these! Don't worry, manual will come. In the meantime, you've got the touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I think they turned out awesome. if your auto is that great, keep taking them and learn the slr a little at a time. No need to be overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.